Thanks for visiting. Please recommend us
[ Post a Response | Thanks for visiting. Please recommend us ]
Streets of Hebburn ~ Cosserat Place…
Posted by BJC on December 29, 2017, 9:27 am
Off Argyle Street, at back of St. Cuthbert’s Church. Formerly Tyne Street.
In 1850, this was arable land, known ‘Coal Pit’, and occupied by John Redhead, and leased from landowner Cuthbert Ellison. Named after:
Rev Algernon Wilford Peloquin Cosserat, who became Vicar of St Cuthbert’s Church, in 1950.
Recommended Local History websites.
www.oldtyneside.co.uk www.gatesheadeast.co.uk, www.donmouth.co.uk and www.hebburn.org