Built in or before 1901. Demolished c.1971-72.
The plot that the east side of this street occupied is grassed over; on the west side still sits the splendid St. Aloysius church... though, alas, gone is St. Aloysius School, which sat in the grounds, part of which is now replaced by the St. Aloysius Church Hall. The former school yard is now a car park for the church.
In 1850, this was arable land, known as ‘West Long Field’, occupied by John Redhead, and leased from landowner Cuthbert Ellison.
Named after: River that runs through the county of Northumberland.