Thanks for visiting. Please recommend us
[ Post a Response | Thanks for visiting. Please recommend us ]
Re: bowls wanted
Posted by alan la ruste on December 31, 2017, 10:54 pm, in reply to "Re: bowls wanted"
i think they are all made of it davy,its to make a propshaft bearing and seal for a boat,at one time all the prop bearings and seals were made from lignum vitae,it swells up in the water and makes a watertight seal, hope i don,t get a letter from the admilalty wanting a seal made for the new aircraft carrier,you know the one, the one with no aircraft, if i do they will just have to wait, i am too busy.
- bowls wanted - alan la ruste December 30, 2017, 6:29 pm
- Re: bowls wanted - Norman Holmes December 31, 2017, 10:37 am
- Re: bowls wanted - davy December 31, 2017, 7:07 pm
- Re: bowls wanted - alan la ruste December 31, 2017, 10:54 pm
- Re: bowls wanted - Tom Dobson January 1, 2018, 12:29 pm
- Re: bowls wanted - John Shearer January 1, 2018, 1:08 pm
« Back to index | View thread »
Recommended Local History websites.
www.oldtyneside.co.uk www.gatesheadeast.co.uk, www.donmouth.co.uk and www.hebburn.org