Thanks for visiting. Please recommend us
[ Post a Response | Thanks for visiting. Please recommend us ]
Streets of Hebburn ~ Cross Row…
Posted by BJC on January 1, 2018, 10:59 am
CROSS ROW: Hebburn Colliery. Built before 1829. This used to be where Witton Road is today.
In 1829, Hugh Bourne - one of the founders of Primitive Methodism - resided here, as a guest of
local preacher, Thomas Shillaw. Cross Row was gone by 1942.
Named after: The fact that it crossed/adjoined Chapel Row, at a right angle.
Recommended Local History websites.
www.oldtyneside.co.uk www.gatesheadeast.co.uk, www.donmouth.co.uk and www.hebburn.org