Thanks for visiting. Please recommend us
[ Post a Response | Thanks for visiting. Please recommend us ]
Streets of Hebburn ~ Dee Road…
Posted by BJC on January 7, 2018, 9:13 am
Accessed via Clyde Avenue, and sits opposite Liffey Road.
12 residential properties: 1 terrace, 2 flats and 9 houses. Some built in late 1950s.
In 1850, this land, named ‘Priests Close’, occupied by Matthew Laws, and leased from landowner Cuthbert Ellison. Named after:
River in Aberdeenshire.
Photograph courtesy of Norman Dunn: http://www.oldtyneside.co.uk/
Recommended Local History websites.
www.oldtyneside.co.uk www.gatesheadeast.co.uk, www.donmouth.co.uk and www.hebburn.org