Thanks for visiting. Please recommend us
[ Post a Response | Thanks for visiting. Please recommend us ]
Streets of Hebburn ~ Derwent Avenue…
Posted by BJC on January 9, 2018, 10:51 am
Across from Finchale Road Shops, and near the late Derwent Hall.
16 houses numbered 1 to 17.
In 1850, this was arable land named ‘Great Aukwards’, occupied by Matthew Laws, and leased from landowner Cuthbert Ellison. Named after:
River in Yorkshire.
Recommended Local History websites.
www.oldtyneside.co.uk www.gatesheadeast.co.uk, www.donmouth.co.uk and www.hebburn.org