Thanks for visiting. Please recommend us
[ Post a Response | Thanks for visiting. Please recommend us ]
Streets of Hebburn ~ Devon Road…
Posted by BJC on January 10, 2018, 6:02 am
Accessed via Clyde Avenue, Cornwall Road and Surrey Road.
53 residential homes (7 flats) - 24 built in late 1950s.
In 1850, this was arable land, named ‘Ox Close & Slipper Leighs’, occupied by Matthew Laws, and leased from landowner Cuthbert Ellison. Named after:
County of England, reaching from the Bristol Channel on the north to the English Channel on the south.
Photograph courtesy of Norman Dunn: http://www.oldtyneside.co.uk/
Recommended Local History websites.
www.oldtyneside.co.uk www.gatesheadeast.co.uk, www.donmouth.co.uk and www.hebburn.org