Thanks for visiting. Please recommend us
[ Post a Response | Thanks for visiting. Please recommend us ]
Streets of Hebburn ~ Dukes Avenue…
Posted by BJC on January 13, 2018, 6:00 am
Accessed via Queen’s Crescent on the north, or Burn Heads Road on the south. 18 residential homes - 8 built in 1946.
In 1850, this was Sheep Field, named ‘Old Mans Close’, occupied by Matthew Laws, and leased from landowner Cuthbert Ellison. Named after:
Member of the nobility.
Photograph courtesy of Norman Dunn: http://www.oldtyneside.co.uk/
Recommended Local History websites.
www.oldtyneside.co.uk www.gatesheadeast.co.uk, www.donmouth.co.uk and www.hebburn.org