Re: Lack of phone wires on the poles
Posted by Allan Campbell on January 26, 2018, 4:43 pm, in reply to "Re: In the photo there’s something you’ve not spotted"
On all the photos on Norman’s site that show telephone poles, there are very few that are even half full.
The one taken looking down Victoria Road West from where the Rex was built in about 1928 being one. I suppose only business people had them.
When I lived in 16 Crawley 1942 - 1969 we all used the phonebox near Mill Lane.
Message Thread | This response ↓|
- Header - Joseph January 25, 2018, 12:59 pm
- Re: Header - N44 January 25, 2018, 1:21 pm
- Re: Header - John Shearer January 25, 2018, 2:33 pm
- Re: Header - Allan Campbell January 25, 2018, 3:00 pm
- Re: Header - Norman Dunn January 25, 2018, 3:17 pm
- Re: Header - Barrie Mortimer January 25, 2018, 5:15 pm
« Back to index | View thread »