Thanks for visiting. Please recommend us
[ Post a Response | Thanks for visiting. Please recommend us ]
Streets of Hebburn ~ Forster Street…
Posted by Barry Cram on February 2, 2018, 8:55 am
FORSTER STREET: This street was behind and parallel with Ellison Street, and backed onto the pit yard. It ran downhill, from an imaginary line with Church Street, to St. Andrew’s Street.
Built before 1871.
In 1850, this was waste land, part of the Hebburn ‘C’ Pit, occupied by John Redhead, and leased from landowner Cuthbert Ellison.
Recommended Local History websites.
www.oldtyneside.co.uk www.gatesheadeast.co.uk, www.donmouth.co.uk and www.hebburn.org