Thanks for visiting. Please recommend us
[ Post a Response | Thanks for visiting. Please recommend us ]
Streets of Hebburn ~ Frederick Street…
Posted by BJC on February 4, 2018, 9:49 am
Originally miners’ pit houses, built in or before 1891. Later, they were
privately owned and rented out; then taken over by the council and demolished 1965/66.
Along with ‘Harvey Street’ & ‘Arthur’ they were known as the three streets - all were replaced with
Wilson Court Flats, then Walsh Avenue Estate. Named after:
Empress Frederick: oldest child of Queen Victoria and Prince Albert of England.
Photographs courtesy of Norman Dunn: http://www.oldtyneside.co.uk/
Recommended Local History websites.
www.oldtyneside.co.uk www.gatesheadeast.co.uk, www.donmouth.co.uk and www.hebburn.org