LAVENDER WALK: Built on land that was previously Sandy Bottom Lake.
Vehicular access to the rear via Beresford Avenue. 8 bungalows (Nos. 1-12). Built c.1960s.
In 1850, this was Little Aukwards, on land named West Plantations Field; occupied by Matthew Laws, and leased from landowner Cuthbert Ellison.
Named after: Lavandula (common name lavender) is a genus of 39 known species of flowering plants in the mint family, Lamiaceae.