LOBBAN AVENUE: Accessed via Johnston Avenue.
9 homes of 4 semi-detached houses and 5 Bungalows (Nos. 1-14). Going by the adjacent street of Johnston Avenue, some if not all were built in 1946.
In 1850 was land named ‘Low Pond Close’; occupied by Matthew Laws, and leased from landowner Cuthbert Ellison.
Named after: Rev. Alexander Lobban (1882-1903), the 4th Minister of St. Andrew’s Church, Hebburn.
« Back to index | View thread »