Nos. 54 to 78 - from Victoria Court (near Durham Court), and west up to St. Rollox Street.
Built in or before 1891. At one time, these houses were occupied by Leslie’s managers.
In 1850, this was arable land, known as ‘The Reins’, occupied by Thomas and Robert Stothard’ and leased from landowner Cuthbert Ellison.
Named after: Sir Isaac Newton PRS (25 December 1642 – 20 March 1726/27) was an English physicist and mathematician.
NEWTON VILLAS: formerly Shields Road. This row travelled westwards, after Newton Terrace, at St. Rollox Street, till it met the Rex - replaced by Willowdene Nursing Home.
Built in or before 1881. Became Victoria Road, and changed door numbers, c.1930/34.
Named after: Sir Isaac Newton PRS (1642 – 1726/27) English physicist and mathematician.