48 residential homes - 8 flats (Nos. 1-55) - 30 built in 1946.
Named after: Sir Charles Mark Palmer, 1st Baronet (3 November 1822 – 4 June 1907) a shipbuilder in Jarrow.
Fair: In the late forties, early fifties, the travelling fair set up on a field that is now partly covered by Palmer Crescent. The grass was sparse with interspersed broken bottle pieces embedded into the ground. The field was bounded on the east by the old part of Cambridge Avenue, and the north by the back of Hall's Garage and the 'High Road'. Palmer’s Shipyard, The Bede and other football teams played there.