Thanks for visiting. Please recommend us
[ Post a Response | Thanks for visiting. Please recommend us ]
Re: The number 16 Northern bus.
Yes Marion, Brian would have helped and broadly agreed with my summary of the 16 route per my post above.
We lived just 500 yards apart and this was very much our territory..
The 47 though is defeating my memory a wee bit and I could have done with his help.
I am clear that it ran through Finchale Rd down Campbell ParkRd, turned right onto Victoria Rd down to the Clock. First stop in Jarrow was at the Coop Funeral Parlour.
But then I get a bit hazy. I donít think it went up Bede Burn Rdbut rather it carried on down Albert Rd under the railway bridge and after a visit to the Bus Station it took the road past St Paulís to Tyne Dock etc.
Anyone confirm or disagree
- The number 16 Northern bus. - Eddy Nesbitt. June 12, 2018, 9:07 am
- Re: The number 16 Northern bus. - Steve in Australia June 12, 2018, 9:33 am
- Re: The number 16 Northern bus. - alan la ruste June 12, 2018, 10:10 am
- Re: The number 16 Northern bus. - Marion Scaife June 12, 2018, 7:32 pm
- Re: The number 16 Northern bus. - Mac June 12, 2018, 8:34 pm
- Re: The number 16 Northern bus. - Lloyd eNZed June 12, 2018, 10:12 pm
« Back to index | View thread »
Recommended Local History websites.
www.oldtyneside.co.uk www.gatesheadeast.co.uk, www.donmouth.co.uk and www.hebburn.org