22 residential homes (Nos. 1-23), and a School house on Argyle Street. Built in or before 1901.
3 built in 2015.
Named after: the fact that it contained a school(s).
SCHOOL STREET FLATS: North side of School Street: High-rise flats, which were bordered on the west by the railway line, the north by Wagonway Road, the south by School Street, and the east by an open field and then Brancepeth Road. Consisting of - from west to east: Argyle Shopping Precinct, Community Centre, and Wilson Court, which consisted of about 10 blocks.
These flats were built on land previously occupied by - from west to east: Harvey Street, Arthur Street and Frederick Street, and nearly Smokey Row, which was just to the east of Frederick Street, where the field now borders Wagonway Road.
This whole area - once occupied by the three streets and Wilson Court - is now occupied by Walsh Avenue.
SCHOOL STREET FLATS: South side of School Street: High-rise flats, which were bordered on the west and south by the road hugging the railway (old Maple Street), on the north by School Street and on the west by High Lane Road. Consisting of - from west to east: Attlee Court, Bondfield Court, Ellen Wilkinson Court, Dalton Court, Bevan Court, Gaitskell Court, Hardie Court and Lansbury Court.