There were three builds:
1. Built in or before 1897. One row of terraced houses, which lay on the east side of West Street, and ran from the south side of the present South Street, down to the entrance to the present car park at the back of Spencer Street (the back of the old Hedgeley Road post office). Gone by 1967.
2. Built before 1938, on the west side of West Street. Still extant.
3. Built 1968, on east side of West Street. Still extant.
Accessed via Hedgeley Road. Fourteen residential homes - 3 flats (Nos. 1-16) - 7 properties built in 1964.
Named after: It being located west of East Street.