Thanks for visiting. Please recommend us
[ Post a Response | Thanks for visiting. Please recommend us ]
No Politics or bad language please
Streets of Hebburn ~ Witham Road…
Posted by BJC on October 10, 2018, 7:48 am
Accessed via Thames Road.
15 properties (Nos. 1-16). Built c.1946.
In 1850, this was arable land, named ‘Great Aukwards’, occupied by Matthew Laws, and leased from landowner Cuthbert Ellison. Named after:
Witham - a town in the county of Essex, on the east of England.
Recommended Local History websites.
www.oldtyneside.co.uk www.gatesheadeast.co.uk, www.donmouth.co.uk and www.hebburn.org