Thanks for visiting. Please recommend us
[ Post a Response | Thanks for visiting. Please recommend us ]
No Politics or bad language please
Posted by Norman Dunn on October 20, 2018, 1:18 pm, in reply to "Re: funerals
James that was a very true Poem about the welder who was more interested in overtime than looking after his health.I knew men obsessed with overtime.I agree with all the comments aswell.
I think in the case where workers die not long before retirement, the Government should pay something towards the Funeral. After all, the deceased paid NI all their life so it's not a lot to ask?. An example is my sister Marian died at 59 after working all her life.
The Government go on about us living longer and where will the money come from to pay us, but they never mention the unfortunates who die before pensionable age.
- funerals - alan la ruste October 20, 2018, 10:25 am
- Re: funerals - ricky October 20, 2018, 10:59 am
- Re: funerals - norman forster October 20, 2018, 12:07 pm
- Re: funerals - James Goring October 20, 2018, 12:33 pm
- Re: funerals - Mac Hardy October 20, 2018, 12:54 pm
- Re: funerals - Norman Dunn October 20, 2018, 1:18 pm
- Re: funerals - Sheila craig October 20, 2018, 7:27 pm
- Re: funerals - Elizabeth Baker (Tindle) October 21, 2018, 8:35 am
« Back to index | View thread »
Recommended Local History websites.
www.oldtyneside.co.uk www.gatesheadeast.co.uk, www.donmouth.co.uk and www.hebburn.org