This brain teaser can be solved by combining deduction, analysis and sheer persistence. The essential facts are as follows-
1. There are five houses each with a front door of a different colour and inhabited by men of different nationalities, with different pets and drinks. each man smokes a different kind of pipe tobacco.
2. The Englishman lives in the house with the red door
3. The Spaniard owns the dog.
4. Coffee is drunk in the house with the green door.
5. The Ukrainian drinks tea.
6. The house with the green door is immediately to the right (you right) of the house with the ivory door.
7. The Navy Cut smoker owns snails.
8. Cut Golden Bar is smoked in the house with the yellow door.
9. Milk is drunk in the middle house.
10. The Norwegian lives in the first house on the left.
11. The man who smokes Golden Virginia lives in the house next to the man with the fox.
12. Cut Golden Bar is smoked in the house next to the house where the horse is kept.
13. The St Bruno smoker drinks orange juice.
14. The Japanese smokes Grand Cut.
15. The Norwegian lives next to the house with the blue door.
NOW... WHO DRINKS WATER AND WHO OWNS THE ZEBRA?
I shall post the answer on Thursday. Good Luck!!
« Back to index | View thread »