Thanks for visiting. Please recommend us
[ Post a Response | Thanks for visiting. Please recommend us ]
No Politics or bad language please
Re: Johnís Posts
Posted by Allan Campbell on January 12, 2019, 9:43 am, in reply to "My Posts
Enjoyed all of Johnís posts in some I eventually got there!. Keep them coming it helps to lighten up the day.
Earlier today I read an article on things that we Brits say and how those in the USA perceive them and also the reverse. Quite enlightening and could be applied to how we Tynesiders say things and southerners interprete them.
One thing that I found is that Geordie folk can use a word that can mean a few things and what it means is through the way itís said or used.
Re Johnís Church posts. I see a lot of notices put up with gaffes and quite a few are official ones like council.
In those cases there was a failure of the proof reader if there was one. Of course today with the internet stuff comes straight out from the keyboard with no thought given to checking it of will it give offence etc.
Message Thread | This response ↓|
- My Posts - John king January 11, 2019, 3:59 pm
- Re: My Posts - Mac Cummings January 11, 2019, 4:14 pm
- Re: My Posts - Bill Wallace January 11, 2019, 6:38 pm
- Re: My Posts - Mac Cummings January 12, 2019, 9:41 am
- Re: Johnís Posts - Allan Campbell January 12, 2019, 9:43 am
- Re: My Posts - Marie January 12, 2019, 5:09 pm
« Back to index | View thread »
Recommended Local History websites.
www.oldtyneside.co.uk www.gatesheadeast.co.uk, www.donmouth.co.uk and www.hebburn.org