Thanks for visiting. Please recommend us
[ Post a Response | Thanks for visiting. Please recommend us ]
No Politics or bad language please
Posted by Allan Campbell on January 16, 2019, 12:46 pm
More info that I was not aware of, however what was the Nelson doing there off Leslie’s. A bit far up river for Jarrow Palmers.
The ballast hill was very high then. Was it much lower in the 50/60’s.
Was there a sign on the gable ends of the Ellison St. houses or is it the ferry sign. Photo not very clear.
Also looking at the chimney stacked in the distance, one on the right looks to be slightly curved, a lins distortion ?
Must read up why they built the Nelson with 3 turrets at th3 fore end.
- Today’s header - Allan Campbell January 16, 2019, 12:46 pm
« Back to index | View thread »
- Re: Today’s header - N44 January 16, 2019, 1:21 pm
- Re: Today’s header - John Shearer January 16, 2019, 1:25 pm
- Re: Today’s header (not Hebburn) - peter cook January 16, 2019, 1:25 pm
- Re: Today’s header - tom barker January 16, 2019, 1:37 pm
- Re: Today’s header - James Goring January 16, 2019, 1:45 pm
Recommended Local History websites.
www.oldtyneside.co.uk www.gatesheadeast.co.uk, www.donmouth.co.uk and www.hebburn.org