Thanks for visiting. Please recommend us
[ Post a Response | Thanks for visiting. Please recommend us ]
No Politics or bad language please
I remember when my daughter started school she was soon correcting me, two words that come to mind. The first was film, not she said fillim.The second was mature, not Matua or something like that. It just goes on, she say barth and I say bath. She would say Tynemíth I would say Tynemouth. I remember she had a hire car delivered at home as she was driving to site. The car was a new Skoda, when they first came to the market. I rang her at work to tell her and my pronunciation to her sounded hilarious.
- Pronunciation - Barrie Mortimer March 4, 2019, 10:48 am
- Re: Pronunciation - Don Scott March 4, 2019, 12:32 pm
- Re: Pronunciation - Mac Cummings March 4, 2019, 12:49 pm
- Re: Pronunciation - Sylvia March 4, 2019, 12:55 pm
- Re: Pronunciation - Sheila March 4, 2019, 3:37 pm
- Re: Pronunciation - John K March 4, 2019, 12:57 pm
- Re: Pronunciation - Linda in NZ March 4, 2019, 6:56 pm
« Back to index | View thread »
Recommended Local History websites.
www.oldtyneside.co.uk www.gatesheadeast.co.uk, www.donmouth.co.uk and www.hebburn.org