Thanks for visiting. Please recommend us
[ Post a Response | Thanks for visiting. Please recommend us ]
No Politics or bad language please
When we came here to York in 1947, I was 10 and of course spoke Geordie, shortly afterwards, having passed for the Grammar School, I was ridiculed by the teachers because my grammar was incorrect, tenses were mixed, I knew no different of course. So I had to work at it to be accepted, and I did! sad really, but I love the Geordie accent, and find that my ITV news comes from Tyne Tees , not Yorkshire, so that pleases me!
- Pronunciation - Barrie Mortimer March 4, 2019, 10:48 am
- Re: Pronunciation - Don Scott March 4, 2019, 12:32 pm
- Re: Pronunciation - Mac Cummings March 4, 2019, 12:49 pm
- Re: Pronunciation - John K March 4, 2019, 12:57 pm
- Re: Pronunciation - Linda in NZ March 4, 2019, 6:56 pm
- Re: Pronunciation - Elizabeth March 4, 2019, 10:29 pm
« Back to index | View thread »
Recommended Local History websites.
www.oldtyneside.co.uk www.gatesheadeast.co.uk, www.donmouth.co.uk and www.hebburn.org