Thanks for visiting. Please recommend us
[ Post a Response | Thanks for visiting. Please recommend us ]
No Politics or bad language please
Re: (no subject)
Posted by Mac Cummings on March 14, 2019, 4:45 pm, in reply to "Re: (no subject)
They were part of our sacrifice during WW2.
Sadly our European political friends, particularly France, Belgium and the original aggressor seem to have forgotten that we released them from the jackboot.
The Japanese however seem to be fairly happy with us.
France capitulated and sided with Germany via Vichy, Belgium capitulated and continued fighting with itself based on language and.... Germany....was just Germany. Not all of the people of course. Many ordinary folk fought back....not usually their lily livered Politicians however.
Sorry for two guys who gave their lives!
- (no subject) - Don Scott March 14, 2019, 1:39 pm
- Re: (no subject) - John Shearer March 14, 2019, 1:48 pm
- Re: (no subject) - N44 March 14, 2019, 3:25 pm
- Re: (no subject) - Mac Cummings March 14, 2019, 4:45 pm
- Re: (no subject) - Allan Campbell March 14, 2019, 5:09 pm
- Re: (no subject) - Don Scott March 14, 2019, 5:49 pm
« Back to index | View thread »
Recommended Local History websites.
www.oldtyneside.co.uk www.gatesheadeast.co.uk, www.donmouth.co.uk and www.hebburn.org