Thanks for visiting. Please recommend us
[ Post a Response | Thanks for visiting. Please recommend us ]
No Politics, bad language, please
Re: Notre Dame
Posted by John Shearer on April 18, 2019, 11:10 am, in reply to "Re: Notre Dame
Allan there are many strong lightweight structural materials on the market and, with the correct design (as on aircraft), it will be much lighter than the original heavy roof wood structures. I'm sure even the roof tiling could be 50-60% lighter. The walls can be braced internally from below ground level to the ceilings and hidden from view, leaving the flying buttresses unstressed. (One must remember that the flying buttresses were installed much later to correct the original design failures) There are some very clever people around who will think nothing of the rebuild or design, only the costs implications.
Mac you are correct in that Macron has no Idea of what he and others are talking about regarding rebuild & completion time frames. I think at least 5 years for assessment alone and of course AFC design drawings, not to mention the skilled manpower needed. The mind boggles.
- Notre Dame - Mac Cummings April 17, 2019, 5:16 pm
- Re: Notre Dame - Liz Dance April 17, 2019, 5:32 pm
- Re: Notre Dame - Jimmy April 17, 2019, 6:08 pm
- Re: Notre Dame - Davy April 17, 2019, 7:04 pm
- Re: Notre Dame - Allan Campbell April 17, 2019, 10:16 pm
- Re: Notre Dame - Allan Campbell April 17, 2019, 10:41 pm
- Re: Notre Dame - Mac Cummings April 18, 2019, 7:59 am
- Re: Notre Dame - Don Scott April 18, 2019, 10:54 am
- Re: Notre Dame - John Shearer April 18, 2019, 11:10 am
« Back to index | View thread »
Recommended Local History websites.
www.oldtyneside.co.uk www.gatesheadeast.co.uk, www.donmouth.co.uk and www.hebburn.org