Thanks for visiting. Please recommend us
[ Post a Response | Thanks for visiting. Please recommend us ]
No Politics, bad language, please
For Steve in Australia
This is a report I found after dredging the river in the 1850s
John Banks is a staithman at the Gosforth and Coxlodge Staiths at Carville, opposite Hebburn Quay. The staiths were built in 1839 and 1840; there was then 3ft, now after dredging it is 14ft.
Message Thread | This response ↓|
- Bill Quay looking East - peter cook May 22, 2019, 4:05 pm
- Re: Bill Quay looking East - Norman Dunn May 22, 2019, 6:41 pm
- Re: Bill Quay looking East - Barrie Mortimer May 22, 2019, 6:55 pm
- Re: Bill Quay looking East - steve in Australia May 22, 2019, 6:58 pm
- For Steve in Australia - N44 May 23, 2019, 5:16 pm
- Re: Bill Quay looking East - Mac Cummings May 22, 2019, 7:20 pm
« Back to index | View thread »
Recommended Local History websites.
www.oldtyneside.co.uk www.gatesheadeast.co.uk, www.donmouth.co.uk and www.hebburn.org