The New Empire Palace was opened on 2nd December 1912.
By 1925 it had been re-named Empire Picture Hall, and included some live variety acts as part of the programme.
In 1929 it was equipped with a Western Electric(WE) sound system and was re-named Empire Cinema.
It was operated by the Dawe Brothers Ltd.
The Empire Cinema was equipped with CinemaScope in 1955,
and was closed on 31st October 1970. It was converted into a bingo club,
which had closed by August 2001. It has since been demolished. That's the Queens on the right.
Image Courtesy Norman Dunn & Google Maps.