Thanks for visiting. Please recommend us
[ Post a Response | Thanks for visiting. Please recommend us ]
No Politics, bad language, please
Edited by administrator Admin3 June 14, 2019, 2:11 pm
Posted by Don Scott on June 14, 2019, 1:56 pm, in reply to "Re: RCA RECORDS
This thread immediately took me back to the early 1970s when I worked in the RAF Careers Information Office in Newcastle. There were no 'quarters' available so we had a house built on Westernmoor, Blackfell Village, Washington. A top official of RCA lived in a very big studio house next door and, to cut a long story short, he was sacked and unable to maintain his mortgage. We had already moved away by this time and whilst our house was up for sale I allowed this family to move into our property on a temporary basis till they sorted themselves out.....bad move!
Eventually, they flitted leaving our almost new furniture trashed, a huge fish tank that had leaked onto the lounge carpet, not a penny paid in rent and unpaid gas and electric bills from the time they moved in. Needless to say we had to foot all the bills. I won't go into names or pack drill but we learned a very important lesson about close friends/neighbours and how you can get your fingers very badly burned when you allow trust to overcome common sense.
- RCA RECORDS - alan la ruste June 14, 2019, 12:24 pm
- Re: RCA RECORDS - Laurence June 14, 2019, 12:28 pm
- Re: RCA RECORDS - N44 June 14, 2019, 12:33 pm
- Re: RCA RECORDS - alan la ruste June 14, 2019, 12:37 pm
- Re: RCA RECORDS - N44 June 14, 2019, 12:53 pm
- Re: RCA RECORDS - alan la ruste June 14, 2019, 1:47 pm
- Re: RCA - Don Scott June 14, 2019, 1:56 pm
- Re: RCA - Ray Forster June 14, 2019, 6:15 pm
- Re: RCA - trish June 15, 2019, 11:41 am
- Re: RCA - Tom S June 15, 2019, 1:33 pm
« Back to index | View thread »
Recommended Local History websites.
www.oldtyneside.co.uk www.gatesheadeast.co.uk, www.donmouth.co.uk and www.hebburn.org