Thanks for visiting. Please recommend us
[ Post a Response | Thanks for visiting. Please recommend us ]
No Politics, bad language, please
Edited by administrator Admin2 June 26, 2019, 5:41 pm
Posted by Mac Cummings on June 26, 2019, 5:33 pm, in reply to "Re: Windrush
The key is in the article. She was born in the UK but then from 3 until 21 she lived in Nigeria. And was refused a UK passport 10 Years ago.
So under the rules which in this case appear fair she has not lived continuously in the UK.
The Windrush cases are different. And the one you mention about someone going to a funeral in Trinidad for a short stay seems a disgrace.
PS I have looked into more of the detail of this case and on balance I would be surprised if her appeal to stay was rejected. She doesn't appear to constitute a problem of any sort.
- Windrush - Mac Cummings June 26, 2019, 10:07 am
- Re: Windrush - Brian June 26, 2019, 12:52 pm
- Re: Windrush - john (doncaster) June 26, 2019, 4:49 pm
- Re: Windrush - Brian June 26, 2019, 5:10 pm
- Re: Windrush - Mac Cummings June 26, 2019, 5:33 pm
« Back to index | View thread »
Recommended Local History websites.
www.oldtyneside.co.uk www.gatesheadeast.co.uk, www.donmouth.co.uk and www.hebburn.org