Here is a piece from the book, 'Streets of Hebburn':
MARR ROAD: Accessed via Witty Avenue, Ushaw Road, Neville’s Cross Road and Cambridge Avenue.
20 residential homes (Nos. 1-20) - 6 of them built in 1946.
❖ Named after: Rev. Albert Frederick Marr (vicar: Father Marr - of St. Cuthbert’s - Known affectionately
by locals as ‘Daddy Marr’).
1914: Marr Rev. Albert Frederick (vicar), St. Cuthbert's vicarage Marsh Adam, 16 Park Road.
« Back to index | View thread »