Streets of Hebburn ~ Mimosa drive…
Posted by BJC on May 22, 2018, 6:32 am
MIMOSA DRIVE: Built on land that was previously Sandy Bottom Lake. |
15 residential homes (Nos. 1- 24) - 3 built c.1960s
In 1850, this land was named ‘Priests Close’, occupied by Matthew Laws, and leased from landowner Cuthbert Ellison.
Named after: Mimosa is a genus of about 400 species of herbs and shrubs, in the subfamily
Mimosoideae of the legume family Fabaceae. The generic name is derived from the Greek word
ìéìïò (mimos), an "actor" or "mime," and the feminine suffix -osa.