Streets of Hebburn ~ Whites Gardens …
Posted by BJC on October 4, 2018, 7:01 am
WHITES GARDENS: Access via Prince Consort Road. |
27 residential homes (Nos. 1-29) - 4 built in 1992, on what was previously White Patent Oil Burning Company.
In 1850, this was arable land, named ‘Nursery Field’, occupied by John Redhead, and leased from landowner Cuthbert Ellison.
Named after: Whites - a nearby company that made oil-burning for ships.