Streets of Hebburn ~ Wilkinson Avenue
Posted by BJC on October 5, 2018, 8:41 am
WILKINSON AVENUE: Runs eastwards from Johnston Avenue (on the west), and ends when it meets Toner Avenue (on the north), and Beresford Avenue (on the east) - outside the main gates of Toner Avenue School. |
4 residential homes (Nos. 1-4) - 1 built in 1951.
In 1850, this land was named Low Pond Close; occupied by Matthew Laws, and leased from landowner Cuthbert Ellison.
Named after: G. K. Wilkinson, vicar of St. John's Church.