Streets of Hebburn ~ Wye Road…
Posted by BJC on October 23, 2018, 8:29 am
WYE ROAD: Accessed via Finchale Road (on the west), and Clyde Avenue (on the east). |
In 1850, this was arable land, named ‘Great Aukwards’, occupied by Matthew Laws, and leased from landowner Cuthbert Ellison.
Named after: The River Wye - the fifth-longest river in the UK,