What an explosive night...
Posted by What an explosive night... on November 5, 2018, 10:08 am, in reply to "Nov 5th-Our dangerous past"
Hello Mac, |
Thank you for letting us know how perilous Bonfire Night used to be in your day.
I would like to remind anyone that will be having a garden fire or fireworks, to please be sensible and safe: https://epicfireworks.com/firework-safety-dos-donts
Posted by BJC on November 5, 2017, 7:37 pm
It cost over £100 for fireworks. We were all standing safely back, in the garden, as Mike lit them, one-by-one. The first firework started off very loudly, giving off a large, ear-piercing scream; then, there was a few seconds of bright silver sparkling, then the limpest fizz I've ever seen from a firework - then nothing! It was so unspectacular that we all found it funny. The other fireworks were just as defective and unexciting, but we cheered feebly. We became blasť to the point of becoming disinterested. Then, at last, the tedium was almost over - there was only one firework left, which was as big as a pringles tub. Mike placed it onto the house bricks and set light to it. We waited... it fizzed. We expected this pringles-sized firework to 'pop', but it didn't... it exploded with a huge! shocking! stop-your-heart! blow-your-hair-back! blow-the-fence-panels-down! BOOOOOOOOOOOOM!!!!!!!!!
When we recovered... ha-ha... we all agreed that it was the best and most exciting part of the night!