Honestly the open mic night seems like less pressure than playing at a party.
Posted by Waka on February 17, 2017, 1:32:44, in reply to "We should talk guitar and songs "
Maybe just the open mic that I go to, but I'd think at a party people might be more focused on you whereas at the bar, people are carrying on conversations and not always fully paying attention to you. Maybe if I were better they'd pay closer attention, lol
Lately I'd say my favorite songs to play at open mic have been Young Americans, Operator, and a Amos Lee song Windows Are Rolled Down.
I'm still taking classes, and right now I'm in a Foo Fighters class where I've been playing my electric, which I hadn't really played much in the past year and a half.
My motivation comes and goes, but I agree, it's fun learning new stuff. I want to get to the point where I can play a song without having the lyrics in front of me. More often than not I can remember how to play a song, but struggle with the lyrics.
Anyways, glad to hear you're getting back into it.
Message Thread | This response ↓|
- So this new board is pretty pol-y, huh? - Waka February 16, 2017, 22:33:28
- I'd love to talk about something else. - Figs February 17, 2017, 15:12:13
- yay, Waka!* - Mismysteri February 17, 2017, 9:43:41
- WAKAWAKA* - Jackie February 17, 2017, 8:38:03
- We should talk guitar and songs - Jack McMurdo February 16, 2017, 23:24:47
- YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS * - Kimmerz February 16, 2017, 23:02:38
- everywhere is political these days* - biclops February 16, 2017, 22:39:17
- ecerywh - biclops February 16, 2017, 22:38:48
- we suck balls at basketball and something stupid happens nationally on an hourly level. - assassin February 16, 2017, 22:38:46
- ^^not pol-y amorous^^* - Sammich February 16, 2017, 22:34:14
« Back to index | View thread »