I do think this is the year Lorenzo Romar gets the boot.
Posted by opossum jenkins on February 17, 2017, 7:16:10, in reply to "Well this is an intriguing blurb (coaching search)"
And it'd be pretty amusing to see him land at Missouri.
"There is an increasing feeling in the industry that this could be the year that Marshall finally leaves Wichita. He’s gone 254-89 there, reached the 2013 Final Four and appears on track for his sixth straight NCAA Tournament. There’s increasing buzz that the American Athletic Conference will make a run at Wichita, which would immediately make it a much more difficult job. There’s also some competition for N.C. State here, as LSU, Missouri, Washington, Illinois and Arkansas (considered 50-50 to open) could also make a run at him. Compensation is important to Marshall, and someone on that list should be able to compensate him." http://www.si.com/college-basketball/2017/02/17/nc-state-mark-gottfried-fired-tom-crean-gregg-marshall
No idea who the author,Pete Thamel, is, or if he has enough contacts that know anything to substantiate it. But presumably a national SI guy wouldn't toss something like that out there without some back up. I guess the question is whether it's coming from someone that is connected to Marshall or if it's just idle speculation from a distance.
Message Thread | This response ↓|
- Well this is an intriguing blurb (coaching search) - DT February 17, 2017, 7:00:53
- If we don't get a home run hire, I really want Kevin Keatts* - Blazer February 17, 2017, 12:42:44
- Grayson Allen news - bjl63 February 17, 2017, 10:35:45
- Parrish on North Carolina State job - Detlef February 17, 2017, 7:43:01
- I mean, I get his point, and he's not necessarily wrong - Blazer February 17, 2017, 12:53:43
- "You have to be a truly special coaching talent to win big consistently at NCSU (w/o cheating)." - osklister February 17, 2017, 9:42:27
- if he hasn't made the Tournament in 2 years, he deserves to get fired - bbonb February 17, 2017, 9:13:02
- As was noted yesterday, the expectations in our fanbase are very similar to theirs - uofi1998 February 17, 2017, 8:47:04
- I think our sense of history is skewed here though - Blazer February 17, 2017, 12:59:40
- I'm hoping that the Chicago concerns are water under the bridge - TarheelIllini February 17, 2017, 10:26:21
- it seems like they're a level up in nuttiness from us. groce's tenure has been far worse than gott* - cpsteine February 17, 2017, 10:23:32
- I realize it's a complex issue but I think having Chicago in the state is an advantage. - Warrin'_Illini February 17, 2017, 8:56:32
- If John Groce had the track record of even Gottfried at NCSU - Ron McDon February 17, 2017, 8:54:23
- It helps that Whitman is at the start of what's shaping up to be a long tenure. - opossum jenkins February 17, 2017, 8:52:11
- Damn* - opossum jenkins February 17, 2017, 7:55:54
- perfect place for Clappy * - Pooter February 17, 2017, 7:55:29
- Thamel has all the contacts - LWillhite February 17, 2017, 7:21:48
- I do think this is the year Lorenzo Romar gets the boot. - opossum jenkins February 17, 2017, 7:16:10
« Back to index | View thread »