IU and Kevin Wilson settled for like half a million
Posted by IB on February 17, 2017, 9:17:54, in reply to "What's his contract situation (years, buyout)?"
Everything about that screams "we have dirt on you, so go quietly and we'll let you get another job"
Is IU on the hook for Kevin Wilson's departure?
I guess IU would make a move for the right guy, but Brad Stevens is not leaving the rapid-improving Boston Celtics for any basketball job in the world.
I guess IU could backchannel Donovan, but that would require monster $, and they haven't historically paid well, IIRC (neither has Illinois, of course).
I would imagine IU is backchannelling Marshall's people at this point to figure out if there's a deal or not, and Crean's job is contingent on it.
Message Thread | This response ↓|
- For no particular reason at all, here are the all-time B1G men's basketball standings - Blazer February 17, 2017, 1:43:56
- So, remove the last 10 years and we were #1 in wins? - HectorVillanueva19 February 17, 2017, 13:33:39
- Moar bannerz? - jdl February 17, 2017, 13:25:00
- so much damage to the program over the past 10 years* - OWWDig February 17, 2017, 10:27:34
- less than a month till the 10 year anniversary of the Va Tech game - ijustkrushalot February 17, 2017, 11:27:16
- I believe Detlef and I were at Players Sports Bar on Ogden for that game.... - HectorVillanueva19 February 17, 2017, 13:36:32
- yes, and my own personal REAL moment of angst about our program - Mismysteri February 17, 2017, 12:17:31
- also, "Warren, You Idiot"* - GMAW February 17, 2017, 12:10:47
- Yep* - Blazer February 17, 2017, 11:59:45
- What were they after 2006? * - uofi1998 February 17, 2017, 8:32:14
- so technically top 3, so are we elite?* - gig February 17, 2017, 8:09:00
- still solidly in the discussion of "best program to have not won a title" - IlliniOllie February 17, 2017, 12:01:15
- It's largely a pointless debate, but what it does show, I think - Blazer February 17, 2017, 11:26:06
- there is no elite - Pooter February 17, 2017, 10:13:16
- We had the most Big Ten wins for a long time. Falling to third is an abomination. * - roughy February 17, 2017, 8:25:41
- Did some of the schools not have teams for short stretches? - DT February 17, 2017, 7:06:48
- These standings are conference games only - Blazer February 17, 2017, 12:00:43
- Looking at the Michigan wikipedia page, they didn't seem to play basketball between... - shua February 17, 2017, 7:39:45
- Sparty didn't join until the 40s* - Pooter February 17, 2017, 7:08:49
- Right--they're way below. But... - DT February 17, 2017, 7:12:34
- As an example, in 1910-11, Northwestern played 13 conference games and Iowa played 4 - UIHuskie February 17, 2017, 8:59:29
- A portion of that is years of membership - RockHollywood February 17, 2017, 7:51:57
- Iirc prior to the ~40's the league schedule was pretty fluid - ijustkrushalot February 17, 2017, 7:26:14
- Huh. Marshall or Rock probably know* - Pooter February 17, 2017, 7:15:05
- My phone thinks Northwestern's record is a phone number. * - roughy February 17, 2017, 6:59:46
« Back to index | View thread »