[ Post a Response | The Deuce ]
this country is going to hell*
Posted by Blartillini on February 17, 2017, 9:32:22, in reply to "thimble = ed martin"
More than four million votes were cast in Hasbro’s “Monopoly Token Madness” contest and the thimble — which has been part of the game’s token lineup since its debut in 1935 — wasn’t popular enough to stay.
“The lucky Thimble has lost its ‘shine’ with today’s fans and will be retired from the game,” Hasbro said.
The company hasn’t yet announced which game piece will replace it among contenders like sunglasses, a typewriter, a hashtag, computer, rubber ducky, and an array of other random (and modern) household items. That result will be announced on March 19, and the newly-updated game will be sold in stores starting this August.
The current lineup now includes the Scottie dog, top hat, car, boot, wheelbarrow, battleship, and newcomer, the cat, which was voted in as replacement for the iron token in 2013. http://consumerist.com/2017/02/16/monopoly-fans-vote-the-thimble-off-the-game-board/
- thimble = ed martin - biclops February 17, 2017, 9:31:23
- This is just a play to sell more games.. this is BS! * - Blues February 17, 2017, 10:16:00
- COMPLETE BULLSHIT! I'm not playing unless I'm the thimble.* - Kajagoogoo February 17, 2017, 10:14:33
- Big Ten Monopoly could be pretty easily created from rivalry trophies * - ijustkrushalot February 17, 2017, 9:38:07
- I chuckle everytime I walk past the car in my apartment garage with an ed martin decal* - ECEIllinois February 17, 2017, 9:37:47
- Wait, the iron is gone too? #### everything. I was always the iron. * - roughy February 17, 2017, 9:33:47
- typewriter? I'd go with a cell phone, or the rubber ducky* - bbonb February 17, 2017, 9:33:40
- this country is going to hell* - Blartillini February 17, 2017, 9:32:22
« Back to index | View thread »