DeBord is getting up there in age, but I wouldn't have been surprised if he ended up with Lovie*
Posted by MarshMac on February 17, 2017, 9:35:56, in reply to "sure"
Your head coach is in the bottom quartile of the conference in salary, and you didn't bother looking for someone more competitive (read: more expensive).
Also, your new assistants are a series of castoffs from other programs (some, like Debord, for performance reasons, others, like the Ole Miss WR coach, for NCAA sanctions reasons) who needed a job anywhere they could get one.
The Indiana athletic department seems to be singularly uninterested in sustaining the little renaissance they have going in football. So I'm sure that money will be applied somewhere.
...until the middle of recruiting season to make a move (assuming they had the right guy ready to go), but even then the first recruiting class would probably be a little weak.
Because of that, they actually have plenty of time to see how everything shakes out, and can make a decision based on that.
Message Thread | This response ↓|
- For no particular reason at all, here are the all-time B1G men's basketball standings - Blazer February 17, 2017, 1:43:56
- So, remove the last 10 years and we were #1 in wins? - HectorVillanueva19 February 17, 2017, 13:33:39
- Moar bannerz? - jdl February 17, 2017, 13:25:00
- so much damage to the program over the past 10 years* - OWWDig February 17, 2017, 10:27:34
- less than a month till the 10 year anniversary of the Va Tech game - ijustkrushalot February 17, 2017, 11:27:16
- I believe Detlef and I were at Players Sports Bar on Ogden for that game.... - HectorVillanueva19 February 17, 2017, 13:36:32
- yes, and my own personal REAL moment of angst about our program - Mismysteri February 17, 2017, 12:17:31
- also, "Warren, You Idiot"* - GMAW February 17, 2017, 12:10:47
- Yep* - Blazer February 17, 2017, 11:59:45
- What were they after 2006? * - uofi1998 February 17, 2017, 8:32:14
- so technically top 3, so are we elite?* - gig February 17, 2017, 8:09:00
- still solidly in the discussion of "best program to have not won a title" - IlliniOllie February 17, 2017, 12:01:15
- It's largely a pointless debate, but what it does show, I think - Blazer February 17, 2017, 11:26:06
- there is no elite - Pooter February 17, 2017, 10:13:16
- We had the most Big Ten wins for a long time. Falling to third is an abomination. * - roughy February 17, 2017, 8:25:41
- Did some of the schools not have teams for short stretches? - DT February 17, 2017, 7:06:48
- These standings are conference games only - Blazer February 17, 2017, 12:00:43
- Looking at the Michigan wikipedia page, they didn't seem to play basketball between... - shua February 17, 2017, 7:39:45
- Sparty didn't join until the 40s* - Pooter February 17, 2017, 7:08:49
- Right--they're way below. But... - DT February 17, 2017, 7:12:34
- As an example, in 1910-11, Northwestern played 13 conference games and Iowa played 4 - UIHuskie February 17, 2017, 8:59:29
- A portion of that is years of membership - RockHollywood February 17, 2017, 7:51:57
- Iirc prior to the ~40's the league schedule was pretty fluid - ijustkrushalot February 17, 2017, 7:26:14
- Huh. Marshall or Rock probably know* - Pooter February 17, 2017, 7:15:05
- My phone thinks Northwestern's record is a phone number. * - roughy February 17, 2017, 6:59:46
« Back to index | View thread »