this is what i feared would happen with deportations
Posted by illiniranger on February 17, 2017, 9:47:26
there are a lot of reasons this is a bad idea. The three biggest:
1) politicizes the US Army - these guys will be on State duty but undoubtedly wearing their uniforms. We don't want our soldiers associated with domestic policy that is this divisive.
2) NG soldiers aren't LEOs, and they aren't equipped like LEOs. There will be some really bad enforcement and a lot of big mistakes made.
3) state active duty soldiers get paid far less than the minimum wage (for lower enlisted guys it's usually less than $100/day for 24 hour round the clock mobilization.) this will be a big hardship for guys that have a good job and get called up for it. going to create big retention/morale issues in the affected units.
- this is what i feared would happen with deportations - illiniranger February 17, 2017, 9:47:26
« Back to index | View thread »
- was the NG used in the South during the Civil Rights era or am I thinking of another body?* - reggiedunlop February 17, 2017, 10:20:17
- There'll be a lot of pictures like the Elián González one* - ECEIllinois February 17, 2017, 10:09:47
- This seems like something to float out to distract and then deny* - MarshMac February 17, 2017, 9:55:51
- Has there been reporting on National Guard coming to Chicago to shoot all the black people yet - groupielite February 17, 2017, 9:54:06
- Plus, it's fascist as ####* - elportero February 17, 2017, 9:51:33
- Ugh* - KingTalkyTiki February 17, 2017, 9:49:36