[ Post a Response | The Deuce ]
Agreed about it being child dependent.
Posted by PapaDels on February 17, 2017, 11:44:08, in reply to "Depends on the child and how responsible they are. Also look up your state regulations."
Our 11yo really doesn't like staying by herself, so we would only do that for a quick trip to the store. Our oldest would have been fine with it at age 10.
Illinois states child has to be 14 yo to stay home alone.
I let my kids when they were 12 yo stay home alone for about 4 hours. My 13 yo has spent the whole day home watching his 11 yo brother when school was off and mrsdoc and I had to work.
Our oldest is 13 and started staying by herself last year, and sometimes stays with our 11 year old while we're out shopping. Which is not a euphemism for drinking.
It moisturizes my situation and maintains my sexy.
- At what age did/would you start letting your kids stay home alone? - PapaDels February 17, 2017, 11:33:52
- Short stints 10, longer 12...hard to believe the old days without cell phones, though* - RSMBob February 17, 2017, 16:01:28
- Oldest kid: 19. Youngest kid: 6. - roughy February 17, 2017, 14:19:27
- we leave the 10 year old at home now for short stints... - OWWDig February 17, 2017, 14:15:55
- Depends on the amount of time. - EffinIllini February 17, 2017, 12:22:43
- Age 9, for 15-20 minutes until his older brother got home from school* - bbonb February 17, 2017, 11:40:24
- Depends on the child and how responsible they are. Also look up your state regulations. - ibdoc February 17, 2017, 11:37:28
- about 11-12 - NastyBoyd February 17, 2017, 11:36:55
« Back to index | View thread »