[ Post a Response | The Deuce ]
Depends on the amount of time.
Posted by EffinIllini on February 17, 2017, 12:22:43, in reply to "At what age did/would you start letting your kids stay home alone?"
Edited by EffinIllini on February 17, 2017, 12:26:56
If we were to be gone for say under an hour we probably left my oldest home at age 9 (4th grade).
Probably started leaving both kids home alone if we were local (within 10 minutes of home) but out for the evening at ages 11 & 5. Also the age where we started letting them stay home by themselves during the day while mrs. Effin & I were at work.
I have left my youngest home alone at age 7 in front of the tv to go outside an run our road. (I loop back past our house every 4 minutes or so. She stands on the front porch or driveway and yells at me if she needs something.)
edit: Last year at age 12 my oldest would occasionally babysit my then 6 y/o and the neighbor's kids who were then 1 and 3.
- At what age did/would you start letting your kids stay home alone? - PapaDels February 17, 2017, 11:33:52
- Short stints 10, longer 12...hard to believe the old days without cell phones, though* - RSMBob February 17, 2017, 16:01:28
- Oldest kid: 19. Youngest kid: 6. - roughy February 17, 2017, 14:19:27
- we leave the 10 year old at home now for short stints... - OWWDig February 17, 2017, 14:15:55
- Depends on the amount of time. - EffinIllini February 17, 2017, 12:22:43
- Age 9, for 15-20 minutes until his older brother got home from school* - bbonb February 17, 2017, 11:40:24
- Depends on the child and how responsible they are. Also look up your state regulations. - ibdoc February 17, 2017, 11:37:28
- about 11-12 - NastyBoyd February 17, 2017, 11:36:55
« Back to index | View thread »