Oh man, I used to love frozen Chicken Kiev when I was in grad school. I forget the brand
Edited by DT on December 6, 2018, 13:45:49
Good stuff. Throw it in the microwave for a couple of minutes and you'd have a gourmet feast.
Then I saw them in the grocery store a few years after I graduated and had been working and was all excited. It did not live up to my memories.
Grab a bunch of Schwann's frozen entrees, deep-fry them and dump a bunch of tasty sauce and spices on them to gussy them up.
Loved it. Just guessing I'd have a hard time choking that down now.
That it would be fun to cook something in the style of Jeff Frank.
Find the largest plate you can find, preferably an ugly and comically large one, and just pile about 10-12 different entrees all into one plate (intermixed with each other) and have everyone fend for themselves buffet style.
We've done soups and apps in the past, and I was a big fan. In fact, I'm not sure how or why we went away from it? I popped right up with this idea when she said she wanted to do something different, but she didn't seem to be into it.
Any other ideas? Fondue? Fancy pasta? etc.?
Message Thread | This response ↓|
My mom is hosting xmas dinner and wants to do "something different" from a traditional holiday - Jackie December 6, 2018, 12:05:17
- If I ever host, Iím doing pulled pork, smoked pork steaks and hash brown casserole along with what - harb December 6, 2018, 22:20:40
- Chinese carryout. * - RockHollywood December 6, 2018, 22:20:10
- Brunch! (nm) - Jack McMurdo December 6, 2018, 22:17:41
- Lasagna?* - Chicago Joe December 6, 2018, 18:31:24
- Pizza. * - harb December 6, 2018, 18:30:23
- Wildfire in Lincolnshire is open * - Pooter December 6, 2018, 13:47:38
- Indian Food!* - ATL December 6, 2018, 13:43:44
- What would Frank Costanza serve?* - timmer December 6, 2018, 13:34:41
- Meatloaf, potatoes and gravy, corn....just a nice comfort food meal* - PapaDels December 6, 2018, 13:24:05
- ďJeff Frank styleĒ - OB25 December 6, 2018, 13:22:54
- Christmas song only karaoke!* - Sounder December 6, 2018, 13:21:38
- We do bbq - brisket and mac and cheese. * - Kimmerz December 6, 2018, 13:20:42
- Iíve always wanted to do Cuban Christmas Eve pig - Sounder December 6, 2018, 13:20:16
- standing rib roast* - ECEIllinois December 6, 2018, 13:08:30
- I don't much care for seafood, FYI* - Jackie December 6, 2018, 13:06:28
- feast of the seven fishes - Sounder December 6, 2018, 13:02:50
- My family does crab every Christmas eve - Sounder December 6, 2018, 13:00:33
- this? - gig December 6, 2018, 13:07:11
- 50 shades of gray movie marathon* - VIV December 6, 2018, 12:58:27
- We did pot roast last year. It went over well.* - eta December 6, 2018, 12:26:38
- Get Chinese takeout. - EffinIllini December 6, 2018, 12:25:37
- Some sort of 1950's gelatinous meat mold thing* - DT December 6, 2018, 12:20:38
- Dungeness crab feast* - ECEIllinois December 6, 2018, 12:18:03
- Go ultra traditional... - SurfTheBoneyard December 6, 2018, 12:17:41
- friend of mine used to host a holiday dip party* - biclops December 6, 2018, 12:15:38
- go greek with some delicious Magiritsa or Patsa - gig December 6, 2018, 12:15:35
- .dot. - Waka December 6, 2018, 12:14:42
- Mexican* - longsnapper December 6, 2018, 12:13:11
- Beefy Funfetti Pinwheel * - jdl December 6, 2018, 12:12:58
- cheese and wine from around the world* - TarheelIllini December 6, 2018, 12:11:17
- Obligatory. Hookers n blow * - MC December 6, 2018, 12:09:42
- I'm going to miss going to Golden Harbor Xmas night.* - Tuscy December 6, 2018, 12:07:56
- i made lasagna for xmas dinner one year (nm) - IlliniSax05 December 6, 2018, 12:06:05
- Festivus for the rest of us. * - roughy December 6, 2018, 12:05:38
« Back to index | View thread »