We played UIC there in 2003, and drew 15,415*
people will come out to see a winner even if the opponent sucks.
sure we might not get a sell out against, say, UIC. but the 100s and 200s would be filled, and there would be plenty of fans up in the 300s as well.
Message Thread | This response ↓|
bob, bob, bob: another chicago letdown at the united center for illini - Ari Gold December 7, 2018, 7:44:53
- "...Illinois didn't get to choose the opponent. Or the timing. That was left to the B1G & TV..." - osklister December 7, 2018, 10:59:53
- Is there a long-term contract to play there? Or would it be hard to get back into the UC if we quit? - IlliniOllie December 7, 2018, 8:31:16
- Well Coach, perhaps not having your team be so shitty would help?* - SurfTheBoneyard December 7, 2018, 7:52:53
- Right. That game drew plenty back when (a) we didn't suck and (b) we played good teams at the UC - Jackie December 7, 2018, 8:13:37
- 95% of that is A. - PBLIllini December 7, 2018, 11:48:26
- honestly if the team were good the opponent wouldn't make that much difference IMO - IlliniSax05 December 7, 2018, 8:17:04
- We played UIC there in 2003, and drew 15,415* - IlliniOllie December 7, 2018, 8:28:53
- ooo - IlliniSax05 December 7, 2018, 8:30:43
« Back to index | View thread »