This is what everyone thinks.
Narrator: they didn't have fun.
Almost every single parent loathes those little ####ers, but they also are forced to buy one of the damn things because enough other kids in their children's classes will have them so it will raise all sorts of questions if you don't get it.
Also some element of the "get a puppy for Christmas" effect, where it's cute and fun for the first 3 days before turning into a big ugly dog that shits all over your carpet and chews up your furniture.
Regardless, it has to be up there as one of the most successful things that consumers all hate, along with Comcast.
So I set the little creep up next to a glass of bourbon with a note that said something along the lines of, "You two are enough to drive a little elf to drink! Please pick up after yourselves for God's sake and give your poor father a break. He really is just the best dad and deserves something nice. So today is Do Something Amazing for Dad Day!"
Hoooo! I crack me up. Good times.
Oh, the note also told them to try on the Xmas dresses their grandmother sent them and take pics to send to her.
Message Thread | This response ↓|
So my wife is out of town and I'm stuck with the ####ing Elf on a Shelf. - Tuscy December 6, 2018, 23:19:54
- Santa's Lazy Gnome. :-) - osklister December 7, 2018, 9:45:27
- Side... with all of the context below in mind, what is the right age... - uofi1998 December 7, 2018, 9:39:04
- Our elf doesn't do much beside move around. Bonus - my daughter has already forgotten about her one - eta December 7, 2018, 9:01:28
- LMFCO. This has to be the last year for this nonsense, right? - Jackie December 7, 2018, 8:57:01
- It's kind of an amazing trick - DT December 7, 2018, 6:51:36
- The police state- the true meaning of Christmas * - ATL December 6, 2018, 23:21:56
« Back to index | View thread »