sure, but not by very much
assuming Hinton's predictions are 4% more accurate... i just don't think that is meaningful. It would put Hinton calling us at 86 and Bill C calling us at 91. Is there really a difference between being an 86th best football team and a 91st best football team? Not really. I think predictions basically just tell you about how good you could be, and i think they'll both say we are something like the 5th worst team in P5 football.
And on average, we don't even know if Hinton is more accurate than BillC (although we could figure it out with a little more time and excel application.) The better thing to do would be what Hinton does and compile a consensus ranking based off S&P, Hinton's work, Fremeau, etc. That is probably the most accurate way to try and evaluate the teams at any point during the pre or post season.
and Hinton having Syracuse higher (and Louisville lower) this past offseason, to me, shows that twisting the "experience" knob from 5 to 8 helps hone in the numbers.
Message Thread | This response ↓|
S&P+ Preseason Projections - UIHuskie February 11, 2019, 8:20:15
- Humble Beast visiting - jdl February 11, 2019, 15:30:28
- Locksley adds to his staff - jdl February 11, 2019, 15:22:17
- Cam Watkins to choose between Vandy and a school where I sent a lot of my money. - Illiniphil February 11, 2019, 14:46:13
- Nebraska running back facing revenge porn and child porn charges - Illiniphil February 11, 2019, 14:09:32
- Wisconsin OL retiring due to injuries - jdl February 11, 2019, 13:14:39
- I've never liked how he does returning production. - roughy February 11, 2019, 11:09:12
- it's okay, we are a basketball school again * - MC February 11, 2019, 11:01:46
- the only thing that brings a smile to my face right now is thinking how Lovie made Whitman his b###h - IB February 11, 2019, 10:22:48
- 7 college football teams that finished with their highest-ranked recruiting classes ever - biclops February 11, 2019, 10:01:27
- Whitman is going to retain Lovie at 5-7. 4-8 or worse probably gets him launched.* - MrX February 11, 2019, 9:48:12
- 91st overall would be just a little bit better than Beckman's first year (93)* - IB February 11, 2019, 8:54:30
- seems about right. * - illiniranger February 11, 2019, 8:26:23
« Back to index | View thread »