In my limited experience, I think it was about 15-20% on the truck I sold 5 years ago.
Hard to say exactly what I could've actually gotten for it if I had sold it private party though.
There's something to be said for the ease and safety of selling it to CarMax though IMO.
Message Thread | This response ↓|
Iím selling a car. I have questions - Dikta February 11, 2019, 14:52:25
- Re: Iím selling a car. I have questions - Illinibuck11 February 11, 2019, 15:37:10
- Sold mine to my next door neighbor, made things simple. Try that. * - larue33 February 11, 2019, 15:31:35
- You can do what my gf did a few weeks ago and just slam it into a median - IlliniJuice07 February 11, 2019, 15:28:25
- Go to their bank --- get cash* - MtHoodIllini February 11, 2019, 15:20:24
- as JDL said, straight cash homey* - Mrap24 February 11, 2019, 15:18:43
- NC requires that the sale is notarized - TarheelIllini February 11, 2019, 15:12:39
- Secondary question: what sort of a haircut will you get by going to Carmax, etc? - osklister February 11, 2019, 15:04:59
- Never sold, but bought privately a couple years ago. - EffinIllini February 11, 2019, 14:56:50
- Bag with a dollar sign on it is 100% legit. No need to look inside* - timmer February 11, 2019, 14:56:14
- always request payment in diamonds (nm) - IlliniSax05 February 11, 2019, 14:54:41
- I'd only take a cashier's check, and call the bank before you hand over the title. - Illiniphil February 11, 2019, 14:54:35
- Cold hard cash * - jdl February 11, 2019, 14:54:26
- I've usually met at my bank, and made them bring a cashier's check with them.* - illfan23 February 11, 2019, 14:54:11
- third party checks are preferred* - NastyBoyd February 11, 2019, 14:53:41
« Back to index | View thread »